Friday, December 16, 2011

I BIG! I STRONG!

I was able to go pick Riley up the last two days from school - which I have to say - being in the car by yourself so you can dance and sing as loud as you want to with a good song that comes on the radio is HEAVEN to a new Mom! :) 

Anyway - we've had to stop by the grocery store to pick up just a few things the last two days, so I've just gotten a basket. And each day Riley takes it from me and says - Look at me Mommy! I BIG! I STRONG! I carry the basket all by myself! Then after we put one thing in it - he's like it's too heavy-you carry it Mommy! Then he'll hand me the basket, but take whatever I put in the basket out and say I'll carry this for you Mommy. Sort of equals out in a 3 year old kind of way I guess!

OMG that boy is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sweet! Please let him stay sweet...pretty please! His teacher told Kelly that he just loves and hugs everyone..probably b/c we hug and kiss him constantly which I think most parents do, but I guess it's just his thing! I'm from a hugging and kissing family! Actually both sides of my family are that way. 

Then today someone started backing out while we were walking into the store, and my little gentleman put his arm in front of me to protect me! But then he said - 'Watch out Mommy! I'll get it! I'll cut that car in half with my lightsaber!' There is not a problem in the world that cannot be solved with lightsabers - I have finally figured that out! 

I'm trying to think what else...I mean we are at the stage where he's nonstop talking so something sweet, cute and funny comes out of his mouth about every 10 seconds...I try to at least capture the highlights here so we won't forget! 

No comments: